Photo manipulations one of the most popular techniques in the market, as the name suggests it is about editing or playing with the original image. These are some alterations which are made with the help of computer software majorly to improve the looks and presentation of the image. Various applications and techniques have been developed to support the editing.
- It is an editing technique, used to produce pictures which can be liked by the viewers. Or in short we can say portraying something in front of the viewers which is far from reality. Hence the decision that the manipulation done is good or not may depend on likings and dislikings of people.
- The shoot may get affected because of various reasons around it like the weather or the lighting or the quality of the camera, and this in turn may affect the quality of the picture. But with this editing technique one can make things look perfect i.e. change the lighting effect or make the colors look dark or bright.
It is used by people belonging to various professions like journalists , professional photographers, editors. People from mass media, content media or any other similar fields also use this application.
There are various photo manipulation examples, however this can be created by skilled people who have specific knowledge of this field and are also equipped with certain tools to do the task successfully;
- A desktop, laptop or say a tablet will be required to carry out the procedure.
- Application for editing should be downloaded in the system.
- A camera to shoot the photographs
- A selected medium where such manipulated photos can be published or shared.
One should be technically knowledgeable to handle the process as it involves the use of applications and computers. Along with this he should have the below mentioned skills;
- Technical retouching, this is required to adjust the colors of the image i.e. colors, contrast or brightness.
- Creative retouching means beautifying the images especially for ads, exhibition or some fashion purposes.
- Image composting, it may be used in the case when one would like to combine various images into one. This is mainly used by digital artists.
Criticism of photo manipulations
This concept has been there since ages, and has been opposed by many people and experts for various reasons like this art editing the reality or turns the truth into false. This manipulation technique has been used to cheat the viewers to change the objects or show them the improved status of the images just to make them happy about the work done, however that is not the reality. Hence they have raised questions as to why such deceiving techniques exist in the market.
Many people often criticize the way their photos are manipulated, and it is even hard to make out that such manipulations are done. The reason behind this is the expertise of the photographers in their work, where we have some scientists too who are able to track such changes and make out if the images have been edited. The images are also forged with bad intentions in order to earn name and fame by copying someone else’s work. The real picture loses itself when exposed to these manipulations as they are resized, cropped and even colors are change and these changes can really offend the real photographers who might have put in so much of labor to create that image.
Photo Manipulation Examples
This was all about photo manipulation, however it is suggested that one should never use it for spoiling someone’s creativity because some manipulations can hurt the sentiments of the artists who might have worked hard for creating those master pieces.